Active benefits are the following:
- Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)* - Please show us your recent letter from Job Centre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Jobseeker’s Allowance appointment booklets as valid evidence.
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)* - Please show us your recent letter from Job Centre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit.
- Universal Credit (UC)* - Please show us your most recent Universal Credit Statement. This needs to include any deductions and income. Your take home pay (disregarding Universal Credit payments and other benefits) is less than £617 a month (sole benefit claim) or £988 joint income a month (benefit claim with partner).
*You must give us your National Insurance number (you can do this over the phone when you enrol or email it to us with your benefit evidence).
If you are receiving benefits we will need to see evidence of this when you enrol. The type of letter that we need is listed for each benefit above, but all evidence must:
- be dated within the last 6 months from the start date of your course
- show your name as a claimant
- be presented or emailed to us within 2 weeks or before the course start date (whichever is sooner)
If you are getting Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit
or State Pension and do not have a recent letter you can request one online: Get a proof of benefit letter - GOV.UK (dwp.gov.uk)
Please do not send password protected documents.
Please send only -PDF,-JPG,-DOC (.DOCX) files.
Still have a question?
Or call Reception on 020 3871 3111
Monday to Friday 09:30-19:30