The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior, concessionary or international fee.
Some of our courses are available with a reduced fee for seniors. If you are:
aged 65 years or over at the start of the course
AND have a household income of less than £15,276 a year or rely entirely on a state pension, you may be able to pay the senior fee.
The government don't offer an automatic concession for retired people, so the senior fee is entirely subsidised by City Lit. Due to this, we offer a senior fee on most of our daytime courses only.
If you wish to pay the senior fee please select the senior fee option in the checkout as you book your course online, tick the senior fee option on the printed enrolment form, or let us know when booking by telephone.
Are you receiving Employment and Support Allowance or Jobseeker's Allowance?
You may be able to pay the reduced concessionary fee if you can provide evidence that you're receiving either Employment and Support Allowance or Jobseeker’s Allowance. Just provide a recent letter from JobCentre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of either of these benefits. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Jobseeker’s Allowance appointment booklets as valid evidence.
If you're not in receipt of either of the above, then are you receiving one of these benefits?
- Income support Please show us your official letter/evidence
- Working Tax Credit or Pension Guarantee Credit Please show us your original full award certificate from Inland Revenue. It must show that your household income is less than £15,276 per year.
- Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support Please show us your official letter/evidence. Please note that we unfortunately can't accept Council Tax exemptions or Council Tax discounts.
- Universal Credit (conditions apply) Please show us your official letter/evidence
Please check that your evidence:
- is dated within the last 6 months from the start date of your course
- shows your name as a claimant
- is presented or emailed to us within 2 weeks or before the course start date (whichever is sooner) if you're enrolling online or by phone.
- is presented to us in one of the following file formats: PDF, JPG, .DOC / .DOCX
- is not a password protected file or document
Email evidence to: Infoline@citylit.ac.uk
Call Enrolments on: 020 7831 7831 (Mondays to Fridays from 10am to 6pm)
Unfortunately, we can't accept Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Child Tax Credit or Carer's Allowance as evidence of entitlement to reduced (concessionary) fees.
Concessionary fee places
We reserve the right to limit the number of concessionary places on any course and/or change the guidelines on entitlement to concessionary fees. We are committed to making our courses affordable to as wide a group as possible. If you're interested in enrolling on a course and are worried about paying the fees, or if you have any questions, please contact us on 020 7492 2500.