About the Student Centre
We’re currently experiencing temporary IT disruption which means some of our systems are offline. Our team are working hard to bring them back online as soon as possible, but the Student Centre & Library is currently closed.
We appreciate that our systems being offline is disruptive and we’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience.
The Student Centre is a friendly and sociable place for all students to study, relax and unwind.
Our library still makes up part of the Student Centre, but we also offer a much wider range of services and facilities in addition to this.
To become a member of the Student Centre please visit us on the mezzanine and speak to a member of the team.
Click the above link to start browsing the online library catalogue where you can find a selection of e-books and other e-resources. For help accessing these resources please read the instructions at the bottom of the page (How to access e-resources: e-books/ databases)
What can you expect to find in the Student Centre?
- A place for all City Lit students: space to work independently and in groups, socialise and unwind
Learning resources - you'll find some of our library collection in here (other resources are located throughout the building and can be requested at the help desk)
- A variety of seating areas – with space to study, read and relax. There are now 89 seats in the Student Centre - including 20 workstations with power and USB points for students to use their own laptops and tablets.
- Designated individual study area
- Individual workspaces
- Larger tables for group work and relaxing
- PCs and MACs that students can use for up to 2 hours a day (conditions apply)
- Books, e-resources and DVDs as well as printing and photocopying facilities (card payments only)
- Staff on hand Monday to Friday 12:00-14:00 and 16:00-18:00.
- Specialist software for disabled students
- Information Advice and Guidance Service - our IAG team are based in the Student Centre and available Monday to Thursday from 12:00-14:00.
- Self-service enrolment desks where you can enrol yourself online- we will have staff available to help you enrol online Monday to Friday 12:00-14:00 and 16:00-18:00.
The Student Centre Enquiry Desk is staffed from:
Monday-Friday: 12:00-14:00 and 16:00-18:00
Students can still work in the Student Centre and Library, self-issue books and use the IT facilities outside of staffed hours.
The computers are available during building opening times:
Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG)
IAG Contact Us
You can apply for a bursary online and upload any evidence required using our online portal; click here.
If you need help or have questions please do not hesitate to speak to our Information and Advice team who will be able to discuss options with you and provide more information.
Drop in to the Student Centre & Library Monday to Thursday 12pm-2pm.
Phone: 020 3443 9549 Monday to Thursday 10am to 12pm
IAG and Enrolment Support for Deaf students
We run sessions with BSL interpreters to help Deaf students enrol and apply for financial support.
We hold a regular drop-in session every two weeks on Thursdays 15:00 to 17:00.
Dates for the first half of this term will be: 19th January, 2nd February, 16th February.
If you are Deaf and cannot come to any of these sessions, please email email@example.com to arrange an individual appointment (the times and dates we can offer will depend on staff and interpreter availability, but we will do our best to arrange a time suitable for you)
We are asking students who still hold books to return them in term 1, and we won’t issue fines during this period.
Renewal requests can be made in person or by email.
Students can also renew their loans online at http://heritage.citylit.ac.uk/heritage
- Login with your Student Number and Password (default password is your date of birth in this format: 09jan1945).
- Click on loans total.
- Tick box next to item/s you want to renew.
- Click “Renew” button (at top of loans list)
Still have questions? Contact us:
Library and resources queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial support: email@example.com