About the Student Centre
Over the last year we have transformed our Student Centre into a central hub for all students. The Student Centre is a friendly and sociable place for all students to study, relax and unwind.
Our library still makes up part of the Student Centre but we now also offer a much wider range of services and facilities in addition to this.
To become a member of the Student Centre please visit us on the mezzanine and speak to a member of the team.
Events in the Student Centre
We are excited to be introducing an events programme in the new academic year. These events will be free and will offer a social side to your college experience. Attending our events will give you a great opportunity to meet new friends from across the whole college.
What can you expect to find in the Student Centre?
- A place for all City Lit students: space to work independently and in groups, socialise and unwind
- Enrolment counter
- Learning resources - you'll find our library collection in here
- Information and Guidance Service - our IAG team are based in the Student Centre
- Enrolments - you can enquire and sign-up to a course from the enrolments counter
- A variety of seating areas – with space to study, read and relax. There are now 89 seats in the Student Centre - including 20 work stations with power and USB points for students to use their own laptops and tablets.
- Designated individual study area
- Individual work spaces
- Larger tables for group work and relaxing
- Books, magazines, e-resources and DVDs as well as printing and photocopying facilities
- Staff on hand to support your studies and general enquiries
- Specialist software for disabled students
- Our partnership with Holborn Library and the Anthoroplogie library at the British Museum continues – increasing the resources available to City Lit students. Please speak to a member of Student Centre & Library staff for more information.
The computers are available throughout opening times.
The Student Centre Enquiry Desk is staffed from:
Monday-Friday: 11:00 -19:00
Saturday: 10:00 - 14:00
Students can still work in the Student Centre and Library and use the IT facilities outside of staffed hours.
Information, Advice & Guidance - Financial support drop-in sessions
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
** Please note that our staffed hours will be reduced over the summer period**
SUMMER HOURS 2019
Monday 29th July to Sunday 1st September
Contact us - Student Centre
Telephone: 020 7492 2666 / 2548 /2549
Read: our statement of service
Contact us - Information, Advice & Guidance
Telephone: 020 7492 2500 / 2503