Can I book a course if I'm under 19?
For the academic year 2017/18 (from September 2017 onwards), you'll be assessed as an 18 year old student, for funding purposes, and not be charged any tuition fees, if you are:
- Assessed as a home student (not an international student)
- AND are aged 18 on 31st August 2017
- AND are studying less than 540 hours at another college or institution or not at all
You'll need to seek approval from our Heads of Department before you can book, and you may be able to enrol onto a maximum of 4 courses for the academic year.
Unfortunately, we can't ordinarily enrol anyone who is under the age of 18 on 31 August 2017 but would be happy to help recommend any other colleges who accept under 18 year olds.
Will I need to show proof of any qualifications?
If your course hours add up to more than 150, then we will also need to see that you have:
- achieved a grade C in English and Maths or equivalent (we will need to see proof of your qualifications before you enrol).
- OR are studying these subjects at another institution
- OR agree to study these subjects at City Lit (subject to assessment and course availability).
If you have any questions about enrolling, please contact our Customer Engagement Team on 0207 831 7831, or message us online.