Can I book a course if I'm 'under 19'?
As an adult college, we don't ordinarily enrol anyone that is under 19, however we do make exceptions each year where it is considered appropriate, the course is not available elsewhere and there is a strong educational benefit to you attending the course at City Lit.
For the academic year 2017/18 (from September 2017 onwards), you'll be assessed as being an 'under 19' year old student, for funding purposes, if you are:
- Assessed as a home student (not an international student)
- AND were aged 18 on 31st August 2017
- AND are studying less than 540 hours at another college or institution or not at all
This means that you could turn 19 from the 1st September 2017 onwards and the under 19 rules would still apply to you.
We cannot charge 'under 19' students course fees. Before you can enrol onto a course you'll need to seek approval from our Heads of Department. If you are approved you may be able to enrol onto a maximum of 4 courses for the academic year.
Unfortunately, we can't ordinarily enrol anyone who is under the age of 18 on 31 August 2017 but would be happy to help recommend any other colleges who accept under 18 year olds.
Will I need to show proof of any qualifications?
If your course hours add up to more than 150, then we will also need to see that you have:
- achieved a grade C in English and Maths or equivalent (we will need to see proof of your qualifications before you enrol).
- OR are studying these subjects at another institution
- OR agree to study these subjects at City Lit (subject to assessment and course availability).
How do I apply for a course if I'm 'under 19'?
Email your completed form to the relevant department.
If you have any questions about enrolling, please contact our Customer Engagement Team on 0207 831 7831, or message us online.