Counselling support for City Lit students
The City Lit Counselling Service (CLCS) offers counselling sessions by phone or online video call to students who need emotional support during their time with the college.
- We can offer six sessions of solution-focused counselling to support you with the issues you’re facing.
- You’ll need to be enrolled on a course lasting at least a term to access the counselling service.
- You can access counselling by emailing email@example.com or calling/texting 07900 138882. Please leave your name and number.
- The lead counsellor will be in touch to take you through some initial questions.
- We can then refer you to one of our counsellors, and sessions will take place at the same time each week for six weeks.
If you’re in crisis and need urgent support, please call Samaritans on 116 123, or contact your GP.
Who provides the counselling?
Counselling sessions are provided by volunteer counsellors. They all abide by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Is the service confidential?
Yes. Your records and the content of your counselling sessions remain confidential within the City Lit Counselling Service. Counsellors only break confidentiality if there is a risk of significant harm to the client or someone else, or for legal reasons (such as the Prevention of Terrorism Act 1994).