With our central London location - just between Covent Garden and Holborn, City Lit is easily accessible from all parts of London.
Listed below are some of the most common routes students take to get to City Lit.
If you are planning to drive to your course and have a blue badge you may need to apply for a Camden green badge, for more information click here.
You can also use Transport for London's Plan a Journey website to plan your route to us.
City Lit locations
See our locations for maps.
- City Lit - Keeley Street, Covent Garden, London WC2B 4BA
- City Lit Photography Studio at Kean Street - 9 Kean Street, London, WC2B 4AY
- City Lit Wellbeing Centre - 9 Kean Street, London, WC2B 4AY, WC2B 4AY
How to get to City Lit
Main site (Keeley Street), Photography Studio and Wellbeing Centre:
- Covent Garden – 5 minute walk (Piccadilly Line)
- Holborn – 5 minute walk (Piccadilly and Central Lines)
All London buses are now low floor, wheelchair accessible vehicles and have onboard ‘next stop’ announcements.
- Buses local to all sites: 1, 59, 68, 91, 168, 171, 188, 243, 521, X68, 8, 25, 242, 19, 38, 55
- From Waterloo - 68, 243, 521, 59, 168, 188 (17 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Liverpool Street - 242, 8 (30 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From London Bridge - 521 (32 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Charing Cross - 91 (15 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Euston Station -168, 59, 68 (20 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From St Pancras International and King's Cross stations - 91 (20 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- Charing Cross Station – 15-17 minute walk to Keeley Street or see bus details above
- London Blackfriars Station (Thameslink) - 15 minute walk to Keeley Street
- London City (Thameslink) - 18 minute walk to Keeley Street
- Waterloo Station – 20-25 minute walk to Keeley Street or see bus details above
- Liverpool Street Station – 45 minute walk or see bus details above
- London Bridge Station – 45-50 minute walk or see bus details above
- Euston, St Pancras International and King's Cross stations – approximately a 30 minute walk or see bus details above.
There are cycle racks next to our main building, around the corner on Wild Street.
The nearest Santander Cycle Hire stations are located on Kingsway and Sardinia Street (off Kingsway, leading to Lincoln's Inn Fields). Find out more about Cycle Hire in London.
If you are cycling to City Lit, please take extra care, as central London roads can be very busy at any time.
River Boat Services
City Lit is located close to the River Thames, so taking a river boat service to us is also an option. The nearest river service piers are at Blackfriars and Embankment.
See Transport for London River Services for more information.
If there are any upcoming strikes announced that might affect your journey information will be posted here: https://www.citylit.ac.uk/tube-strike