How will City Lit use the personal Information it collects about me?
By providing City Lit with your personal information it will be stored, used and shared by us for any of the following purposes:
- To register you on to one of our courses and give you access to the course materials.
- To comply with funding and audit requirements.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- To provide you with information about our courses; application tips; funding advice; and other information that may be relevant to your interests.
- To provide you with invitations to relevant events and reminders or joining details for those events to which you register.
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our students/customers.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- For the direct marketing of City Lit products and services.
- To issue directed funding appeals and verify large donations.
We may ask for consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services. You’ll be able to opt out of these communications at any point by selecting the “opt out” option on the registration form or alternatively the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of each email we send you.
Whenever processing data for these purposes, we’ll ensure we always keep your rights and interests in high regard and take account of them. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. See section under ‘What are my rights’ for more details. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks, mentioned above, for your benefit.
We’ll notify you before using your personal information for any other means.