Our Essential Skills courses (English, maths, ESOL and digital skills) may be FREE for you if (i) you have lived in the UK or EU for the last 3 years; (ii) are a citizen of the UK or a country within the EU; and (iii) one or more of the following applies:
a) You are on Low Income
You are employed and you earn less than £20,962. When you enrol, you need to give us either (i) a pay slip dated within 3 months of the course start date or (ii) a current employment contract that shows your gross salary or (iii) a recent bank statement that confirms your monthly salary.
b) You are on Employment and Support Allowance (WRAG) or Jobseeker's Allowance.
You need to provide evidence that you are on ESA (WRAG) or JSA. This can be a recent letter from Job Centre Plus/DWP confirming you are on one of these benefits. We cannot accept Jobseeker’s Allowance appointment booklets as evidence. The letter must be dated within 6 months of the course start date
c) You are in receipt of Other Benefits
You earn less than £338 a month (individual claims) or £541 a month (household claims), are doing the course to become employed or move into more sustainable employment and are on benefits such as:
- Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support Please show us your official letter/evidence. (we do not accept Council Tax exemptions or Council Tax discounts).
- Universal Credit (UC) Please show us your latest UC statement. We will also need to see your latest bank statement. This is to confirm your monthly income is below £338/£541.
- Income support Please show us your official letter/evidence
- Working Tax Credit or Pension Guarantee Credit Please show us your original full award certificate from Inland Revenue.
- Disability Living Allowance Please show us your official letter/evidence
- Carers Allowance Please show us your official letter/evidence
- Personal Independence Plan (PIP) Please show us your official letter/evidence
In addition to one of the above forms of evidence, you must also provide a copy of your latest bank statement
You may also be entitled to a free course if you hold other immigration statuses. Please us on 020 7831 7831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.