Your student account (your student number @student.citylit.ac.uk) is a Microsoft Office account.
What does this mean?
- One simple user area with access to most of your software applications.
- This will start with Google Classrooms and Google Suite but other applications will follow.
- Student accounts created more quickly for new students.
- NUS and other student discounts
- More coming soon…
How do I access Google Classrooms?
- Go to https://www.office.com/
- Log in using your City Lit student email address. This is the same as your Google Classroom one - your student number @student.citylit.ac.uk.
- Password is your date of birth in the format (ddMmmyyyy – e.g. 01Jan2000) – the first character in the month is a capital.
- From the Office 365 Apps page click on the Google Classroom or Google Suite icon.
You can see step by step instruction with images and a video on this Logging in to Google Classroom page.
What is Office 365?
- Office 365 is a subscription that allows you access to Office web apps, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Office 365 is a subscription that is free during the academic year(s) your course is running. We will use the last day of your last enrolled course as the basis for the access period; for example: If your course ends on 1st January 2021, then access would end on 31st August 2021.
How long do I have access to my student account?
You can use Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365 until 01 September.
Download your files and data before this date.