Your student account (your student number @student.citylit.ac.uk) is a Microsoft Office account.
What does this mean?
- One simple user area with access to most of your software applications.
- This will start with Google Classrooms and Google Suite but other applications will follow.
- Student accounts created more quickly for new students.
How do I access Google Classrooms?
- Go to https://www.office.com/
- Log in using your City Lit student email address. This is the same as your Google Classroom one - your student number @student.citylit.ac.uk. (email@example.com)
- From the Office 365 Apps page click on the Google Classroom or Google Suite icon.
You can see step by step instruction with images on the Welcome to your City Lit student IT account page.
Detailed Google Classroom guidance is in the Google Classroom section of the Help Centre.
What is Office 365?
- Office 365 is a subscription that allows you access to Office web apps, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Office 365 is a subscription that is free during the academic year(s) your course is running. We will use the last day of your last enrolled course as the basis for the access period; for example: If your course ends on 1st January, then access would end at the end of that academic year on 31st August.
How long do I have access to my student account?
You can use Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365 until 01 September.
Download your files and data before this date.