Active benefits are the following:
Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)* - Please show us your recent letter from Job Centre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Jobseeker’s Allowance appointment booklets as valid evidence.
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)* - Please show us your recent letter from Job Centre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit.
Universal Credit (UC)* - Please show us your most recent Universal Credit Statement. This needs to include any deductions and income. Your take home pay (disregarding Universal Credit payments and other benefits) is less than £494 a month (sole benefit claim) or £785 joint income a month (benefit claim with partner).
*You must give us your National Insurance number (you can do this over the phone when you enrol or email it to us at email@example.com). We cannot enrol you until you have provided this to us
Please check that your evidence:
- is dated within the last 6 months from the start date of your course
- shows your name as a claimant
- is presented or emailed to us within 2 weeks or before the course start date (whichever is sooner) if you're enrolling online or by phone.
- is presented to us in one of the following file formats: PDF, JPG, .DOC / .DOCX
- is not a password protected file or document
Email evidence to: Infoline@citylit.ac.uk
Unfortunately, we can't accept Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Child Tax Credit or Carer's Allowance as evidence of entitlement to reduced (concessionary) fees.
If you need more help, please contact us: