Active benefits are the following:
Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) - Please show us your recent letter from JobCentre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Jobseeker’s Allowance appointment booklets as valid evidence.
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) - Please show us your recent letter from JobCentre Plus/DWP confirming you're in receipt of this benefit.
Universal Credit (UC)* - Please show us your most recent Universal Credit Statement. This needs to include any deductions and income.
* Your take home pay (disregarding Universal Credit payments and other benefits) is less than £345 a month (sole benefit claim) or £552 a month (benefit claim with partner).
You must give us your National Insurance number (you can do this over the phone when you enrol or email it to us at email@example.com). We cannot enrol you until you have provided this to us
Please check that your evidence:
- is dated within the last 6 months from the start date of your course
- shows your name as a claimant
- is presented or emailed to us within 2 weeks or before the course start date (whichever is sooner) if you're enrolling online or by phone.
- is presented to us in one of the following file formats: PDF, JPG, .DOC / .DOCX
- is not a password protected file or document
Email evidence to: Infoline@citylit.ac.uk
Unfortunately, we can't accept Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Child Tax Credit or Carer's Allowance as evidence of entitlement to reduced (concessionary) fees.
If you need more help, please contact us:
Phone: 020 3871 3111
Lines are open Monday - Friday 12:00-18:00.