With our central London location - just between Covent Garden and Holborn, City Lit is easily accessible from all parts of London.
All of our sites are in the same area and less than 5 minutes walk from each other
Listed below are some of the most common routes students take to get to City Lit.
If there are any upcoming strikes announced that might affect your journey, information will be posted here: https://www.citylit.ac.uk/tube-strike
- Covent Garden - 5 minute walk (Piccadilly Line)
- Holborn - 5 minute walk (Piccadilly and Central Lines)
- Leicester Square - 10 minute walk away (Northern Line)
All London buses are now low floor, wheelchair accessible vehicles and have onboard ‘next stop’ announcements.
- Buses local to all sites: 1, 59, 68, 91, 168, 171, 188, 243, 521, X68, 8, 25, 242, 19, 38, 55
- From Waterloo - 68, 243, 521, 59, 168, 188 (17 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Liverpool Street - 242, 8 (30 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From London Bridge - 521 (32 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Charing Cross - 91 (15 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From Euston Station -168, 59, 68 (20 minute journey, alight at Holborn)
- From St Pancras International and King's Cross stations - 91 (20 minute journey, alight at Holborn
- Charing Cross Station – 15-17 minute walk to Keeley Street or see bus details above
- London Blackfriars Station (Thameslink) - 15 minute walk to Keeley Street
- London City (Thameslink) - 18 minute walk to Keeley Street
- Waterloo Station – 20-25 minute walk to Keeley Street or see bus details above
- Liverpool Street Station – 45 minute walk or see bus details above
- London Bridge Station – 45-50 minute walk or see bus details above
- Euston, St Pancras International and King's Cross stations – approximately a 30 minute walk or see bus details above.
There are cycle racks next to our main building, around the corner on Wild Street.
The nearest Santander Cycle Hire stations are located on Kingsway and Sardinia Street (off Kingsway, leading to Lincoln's Inn Fields). See Transport for London for Cycling for more information.
If you are cycling to City Lit, please take extra care, as central London roads can be very busy at any time
River Boat Services
City Lit is located close to the River Thames, so taking a river boat service to us is also an option. The nearest river service piers are at Blackfriars and Embankment.
We strongly recommend that you travel to City Lit using public transport, there is no on-site parking for students.
Our Keeley Street site has one disabled parking bay in front of the college. If you are planning to drive to your course and have a blue badge please read Parking information for disabled learners.
Still have a question?
Or call Reception on 020 3871 3111
Monday to Friday 09:30-19:30